Terms & Conditions
To confirm your booking a one third deposit is required. The balance is then due 8
weeks before the start of your holiday except for nights booked for the 11 days of the
Hay Festival. The Hay Festival balances are due 26 weeks before your arrival.
Payment may be made by credit card via our secure on-line service. All transactions are
payable in UK Sterling.
Cancellation & Refund
Following your reservation and receipt of your deposit, cancellation within 8 weeks
of your arrival date (or 26 weeks for Festival bookings) will entail both the loss of
your deposit and responsibility on your part for payment of the outstanding balance.
If your accommodation is re-let for any of the nights that you reserved, then we will
be pleased to reimburse you in full for any re-let nights at the nightly rate that we
are able to re-let them for.
Conditions of Rental
- To optimise our availability to guests and thereby ensure they can secure the
dates they require we occasionally need to change which house is available to a guest.
For this reason we reserve the right to reallocate houses to guests for the same dates
they have booked. Unless we do this, we end up across the three houses having lots of
stranded nights that are not usable. There are also lots of housekeeping issues relating
to the presentation and upkeep of the properties where we sometimes need to find a way
to have access without disturbing guests. We do this in the knowledge that the three
properties exactly mirror one another in terms of size, presentation and outlook.
This condition does not apply to our two townhouse apartments.
- Accommodation at Hay Retreats is let on the understanding that our guests are
responsible for their own safety and well-being.
Conditions for Clients bringing Dogs
- Guests seeking to bring pets to the Riverside town houses are required to give
us advance notification on the Reservation Request Form by making a request at the
bottom of the form in the message/ special instructions.
- Please note that the luxury apartments at 12 Market Street are not suitable
- A refundable deposit of £100 is paid by the guest to cover the cost of
any damage, replacement or additional cleaning.
- Should damage occur or redecoration/additional cleaning be required, the guest
agrees that these costs will be taken from the deposit, and the balance then
refunded electronically to the card used for payment of the booking
- Should the deposit be insufficient to meet these costs the guest agrees to
reimburse the full amount outstanding on receipt of an invoice from Hay Retreats.
- Guests bring no more than two dogs/pets per property, and will notify us on the
reservation request form of the number of pets being brought to stay.
- The dog carers ensure that their dog is well behaved and quiet, inside and outside
- Because there are fitted carpets and soft furnishings on the two upper floors,
and some guests are allergic to animal hair, guests agree to keep their pets on the
ground floor, and to bring suitable bedding, baskets and bowls for eating and drinking.
- Guests are expected to clear up dog mess and put it in bins provided around town.
Immediately below the Riverside properties is a wonderful riverside walk, with woods
alongside the path, where there are bins also.
- At many times of the year, local paths can be muddy and wet. Please dry your dog off
before coming indoors. The covered car port offers a dry lighted area where you can do this.
Receipt of your deposit or full fee will be taken as confirmation that you have
read and accept the Terms & Conditions detailed on this page.