Riverside Town Houses
Our riverside Hay-on-Wye holiday accommodation offers a trio of contemporary three-bedroom townhouses- 24, 25 and 26 Millbank- in a stunning location looking onto the River Wye. Each house is identical, with two doubles and a single bedroom, sleeping up to five people. The houses are only a two minute stroll to the centre of Hay with its quaint narrow streets, bookshops, medieval castle, galleries and pavement cafes.
Each house runs across three floors and is designed to exactly the same specification (except for the original works of art by local artists). The kitchen is on the ground floor and is beautifully designed for cooking and dining, with French doors leading to a paved terrace with furniture for al fresco dining. On the first floor is the spacious living room overlooking the river with folding glass doors to a 17 foot wide balcony. Across the hall is the master bedroom with kingsize bed and en-suite shower-room. The top floor has another large bedroom that can be configured with either a super king-sized bed or as two singles. Also on this floor is a single bedroom/study and a shared bath and shower room.
Each house is equipped with:
- Egyptian cotton linen
- Feather pillows and a choice of hollow-fill for those who suffer from allergies
- Feather duvets
- Fluffy towels
- Modern bathroom or shower room on each floor, and a downstairs toilet
- Fully equipped kitchen with a paved terrace with riverside views
- Washer and drier
- Full height fridge/freezer
- Cosy living room with leather sofas and contemporary gas fire
- Living room with folding glass doors to a balcony with riverside views
- Flat screen TV with FreeSat and DVD player
- Double wardrobes and a security safe
- iPod docking system
- Iron and ironing board
- Travel cot and high chair (if required)
- Free WiFi
- Private drive for parking
- Central heating
- A range of lighting options with adjustable dimmers to suit all moods
We invite you to view our slideshow (click on any photograph) of 26 Millbank, one of our three identical houses.
In creating Hay Retreats we wanted to create something other than classic cottage luxury in Wales. We saw the need for contemporary self-catering accommodation in Hay on Wye that is aesthetically pleasing and environmentally sensitive. Summer or winter, rain or shine, our aim is to create a 'living in the landscape' experience for our guests to enjoy. Riverside paths are found on both banks of the river below and are easily accessible for leisurely strolls or more strenuous hikes.